CENTRAL FLORIDA TOURISM OVERSIGHT DISTRICT
BUILDING AND SAFETY
P.O. BOX 10170, LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA 32830-0170
TELEPHONE (407) 828-2034 FAX (407) 828-2416
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Licensed contractors must be registered with CFTOD Building & Safety prior to submitting a permit application. A current copy of the following (in pdf format) can be emailed to Permitting@oversightdistrict.org to register:
• State of Florida Contractor Certification or Registration (a current Orange or Osceola County competency card if registered but not certified)
• Florida County Business Tax Receipt (formerly Occupational License)
• Proof of current worker’s compensation insurance addressed to Central Florida Tourism Oversight District
• Notarized letter of agents or power of attorneys for all people authorized to apply, sign and pickup permits, or have access via the Online Permitting System, ACA, on the qualifiers’ behalf
- Once the licensed contractor is successfully registered with CFTOD, the licensed contractor, agent and/or power of attorney must request a login to ACA at: https://ca.rcid.org/citizenaccess. (Only the qualifier and individuals on the notarized letter will be accepted.)
- Permit fees are due at time of application and may include plan check costs, state required surcharge fees, and Department of Business and Professional Regulation surcharge fees. RCID accepts all major credit cards, cash, checks or money orders (made payable to the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District). Fees are non- refundable.
- All permit applications shall be submitted electronically via the ACA website. Applicants will follow the prompts for the appropriate permit type, upload the required pdf documents, and pay the permit fee. In addition to the electronic permit process, a paper permit application must be completely filled out to match the electronic version, signed by the contractor and the owner, notarized by a Florida Notary Public and uploaded as a pdf to the permit number. The owner or owner’s agent’s signature shall be required only when the valuation of the work exceeds $2,500.
- The following required electronic documents must be uploaded in pdf format, along with the permit application:
• A copy of the contract or purchase order that includes a description of the work to be performed and the valuation or contract amount of the work (including the value of new materials and equipment, and/or owner furnished items). In lieu of a contract or purchase order, a letter signed by an authorized agent of the property owner, stating the scope of the work and the cost, will be accepted.
• Drawings – digitally signed and sealed if the valuation is $25,000 or more. *
• Specifications – digitally signed and sealed if the valuation is $25,000 or more. *
• Digitally signed and sealed structural calculations, as applicable. *
• A site plan, detailed to show an exact location of work, as applicable.
• Fire sprinkler drawings and hydraulic calculations, as applicable.
• Energy calculations, as applicable.
• Florida Hotel and Restaurant Commission approval, as applicable.
• A Notice of Commencement is required when the valuation of work is over $2,500 and can be obtained from Orange or Osceola County, based upon the location of the project. A recorded county-stamped copy must be uploaded in pdf format to the permit prior to the first inspection of the work.
* Per requirements of Florida Statutes 668 and Florida Administrative Code 61G1-16.005 and 61G15-23.004.
- Once the application is accepted by CFTOD and plan reviews completed and approved, the permit must be issued in person at CFTOD Building & Safety to the authorized licensed contractor or agent/power of attorney.
Note: Stormwater discharges from construction activities (such as clearing, grading, excavating, and stockpiling) that disturb one or more acres, or smaller sites that are part of a larger common plan of development or sale, are regulated under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) stormwater program. For instructions on obtaining a required Construction General Permit (CGP), please contact Compliance Personnel in Planning & Engineering at (407) 828-2250.
If you have any other questions, the CFTOD Building and Safety Department is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at (407) 828-2034, or via the general email box at Permitting@oversightdistrict.org.